Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hiccups for 4 days solid?

I have had hiccups nonstop for 4 days. Unable to sleep. I am exhausted. What causes this and any tips that work to get rid of them??
Answer:
I get my kids to do this all the time.
Get an 8-12 oz. Glass of water.
Hold your nose and drink the whole glass of water through a straw. It has worked for them. I hope this helps you.
You might have to go the doctor.What happend:
Hiccups are sudden, involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle. As the muscle contracts repeatedly, the opening between your vocal cords snaps shut to check the inflow of air and makes the hiccup sound. Irritation of the nerves that extend from the neck to the chest can cause hiccups.
this has worked for me and everyone I know.
Sit up..put your head down..close your eyes..breathe very shallow for 3 or 4 minutes. then breathe a little deeper. If the first time doesn't work..try try again.
Drink more water and ask your doctor.
This works for me EVERY time with hiccups.I press firmly inward, and then upward on my stomach. It pushes air out, and I will burp a couple times, and after that.they go away. I don't know if it's always because of trapped air, or what, but after I started doing this, it has worked for me every time.
Every time I have the hiccups, my daughter heads for the pantry. She says that if you put creamy peanut butter under your tongue, the hiccups will be gone by the time the PB dissolves.It's worked every time so far.
That's a bit grim!The thing that always works for me is holding my breath and swallowing five times.Then try to force a burp.Sounds weird but it works everything, either that or get someone to make you laugh - it's the changing breath rate that stops the hiccups as it's caused by involuntary contractions of the diaphragm.It is also possible that they are being caused by an irritation of the nerves so I would advise talking to your doctor about them, because of the affect it is having on the rest of your life if nothing else!Good luck :o)
I have always done this and it seems to work you take a glass of water and put a clean washrag over the glass and drink through it or I have done this to eat about a teaspoon of peanut butter hope this helps
PLEASE TRY THIS:Close you eyes, introduce (inhale) as much air into your lungs as you can and A LITTLE BIT MORE, al least 2 more inhalations to complete filling your lungs and make help you relax your diaphragm. Keep air in your lungs for as long as you can, and exhale very slowly VERY SLOWLY trough your mouth. Repeat as many times untill you get rid of your hiccup.good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net