Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! i think i popped my knee?

i was running after i jumped off a foot %26 1/2 brick bench thingy. then i felt a sharp pain in my right knee. i stopped and felt it. it happens to me sometimes, but i just ignored it. then i started to walk and i felt that sharp pain again! i cant put my full weight on it, or it hurts like heck! and also, i cant lay it straight out or it hurts even worse. i told my mom and my dad that i think i might have popped it but they dont beleive me. i THINK that its popped. can anyone tell me if it is? thank you so much for your help.
Answer:
Did you hear or feel a "pop" in the knee when you landed?? If you did there is a chance that you tore your ACL. The symptoms you describe are possible signs of a torn ACL including the mechanism of injury. I would strongly recommend you go see an orthopedic doctor to assess your knee. For right now you should place an ice bag directly on your knee for 15 mins while elevating your leg above the level of your heart to decrease the swelling.
it probably is or sprained. go see a doctor if you can.
If it popped, you would have felt and/or heard it, trust me. I have had to have surgery on both knees because they popped! (It really freakin hurt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net