Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hey i run a mile once in a while well after the run i feel good but my legs are blazing with pain help please?

what im sayin is that ill run and then like the next day my legs will hurt between my foot and knee i guess they call it schins well myne hurt and i dont know why please help?
Answer:
You can't only run once in a while and not experience pain. You have to run through it. I've been running since highschool and if I go a month without running I'll be sore for the next 2 days. That's just how it works. If you want to run on a daily basis, then that's what you have to do. After a week or so your legs will be use to running and won't get sore anymore.
They hurt because your muscles aren't used to running. Be sure you're stretching before and after you run, and you should also exercise on a regular basis, not just "once in awhile."
While I do not profess to be in the medical profession, I have experienced this type of pain you speak of on occasion.You mentioned that you run "once in awhile". That is the key comment that you made. If you are not running on a regular basis...let's say, for instance, 3 times a week, your muscles are going to feel soar. You haven't used those particular muscles for awhile.I belong to two gyms. One is for a daily cardio workout, and the other is for the use of the treadmill once a week. One night I went and got on the treadmill for an hour straight. I was "fast walking" not running. I felt great and full of energy afterwards, but all night while I slept, I was experiencing leg cramps, like you speak of. I hadn't been on the treadmill for a few weeks at that time, and I think I pushed myself.
The pain went away, thank goodness, and now I don't push myself quite that hard when I go.You are also may be running on concrete or aspahlt. You have to invest in a good pair of running (tennis) shoes. They may be expensive, but worth it in the long run. It will help to avoid the "shock" your feet experience on the surface you are running on. Go to your local mall or sporting good store to inquire. While running is a great form of exercise, and also a great way to loose weight and/or inches, it can be hazardous, if you have any leg or knee health issues.Try running on a more regular basis and not quite so vigorously, when you get to feeling better.Good luck. It's great that you are taking care of your health.
My suggestion to you is buy yourself a pair of support socks and put them on every time you head out for your run. You will find that there will be no more pain. And this will also prevent you from getting blood clots or varicoses veins at an early age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net