Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi my Daughter gets pain in her legs doctor said it is growing pains has anyone heard of it?

My Daughter is only 4 years old and she tells my mom and I that her legs hurts. I took to the doctor and they said it is growing pain. My aunt which is in her 40 is going though the same thing she is. Let guess i guess she is going though growing pains to. She crys until u message her legs and put warm water on them. She been going though it for two years. My Mom said that my daughter is the only one that she knows that had it that young. My daughter small toe goes in a little bit but she see someone for that. Does anyone think that has anything to do with that. she tell me with her little toe it hurts when she has shoes on. I don't think it does but I am sad when my baby is hurtting. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be. I wish I know what it was so she don't have to go though the pain anymore.
Answer:
Ive definitely heard of growing pains. My 7 yr old son has them now and then. I even took him to the ER because I didnt know what it could be. He got an X ray, blood work, and ultra sound.nothing just growing pains. About her baby toe though I really dont know about that too much.
yA! IT IS NORMAL. I ALSO HAD PAIN WHILE GROWING UP.
i think its what they call osteoartrithis... sorry for the spelling... 10 out of 100 children sffer from this illness. I recommend asking the doctor about that case, although im not quite sure if thats really it. I had my pains too, but a painreliever every 6 hrs relieved it. Hope this helps...
i am 15 and i just got out of that stage.. I am a boy though.
I used to get them when I was about six. Yes, massage and heat does wonders to alleviate the pain. They're not sure what causes them. Some think it's growing bones, some think it's a result of childhood activity. I doubt that the toe has anything to do with the growing pains, as the gp are in the muscles.
My step-Daughter went through the same thing years ago when she was just a little girl, and every so often as a teen.
The Doctor assured us that some children are affected that way while growing and some are not. As for your 40 year old Aunt, she needs to see a Doctor as that could be anything
from the lack of blood circulation ( I'm just guessing ) to some kind of a muscle deterioration.
Good luck !
yep, i used to get them too, they would keep me awake at night. Its in the lower half of the leg usually past the knee and its like a dull ache that becomes almost unbearable. Tylenol and warm packs work. Also moving around helps, they usually happen when i was laying in bed and i would get up and move around for a while and the pain would subside.
as other people above have already stated..growing pains are real. My 10 yr old has had them since about 4 or 5 as well. You aunt should get herself checked out though b/c since she has stopped growing hers is not the same thing. Hers could be from artery or vein disease of some sort to a neuropathy. Any of these are serious and need to be checked by a physician as soon as possible. The toe thing with your daughter is not part of the growing pains at all. Take care and hope both your daughter and aunt a pain-free weekend.
Hi
I had growing pains as a child and I have a daughter and a granddaughter that has had them. I do think however you might think about the possibility of them being cause from not enough calcium in her diet. Other reasons for cramps can be not enough salt or magnesium in the diet. Just a thought to check.
Yes I had this when I was young. Massage, and warm water, heating pads, ice packs, etc. helps a lot. Also ask you doctor about giving childrens Advil.
I don't think it is her shoes as too many children suffer the exact same syptoms and pain.I have heard of growing pains and my poor 11 year old sufferers badly from it every 6 months or so. and has since he was about 2.5 years old.
He would cry through the day but the night time was the worst. It breaks a mum's heart to see her child in pain and suffering.We tried everything to ease his pain.
Panadol. Asprin. Massage. Heat. Rest. Nothing worked..Until 3 weeks ago I found the most wonderful, natural drug called Crampeze.
It contains Magnesium and vitamin B6.
It is at the Chemist and some supermarkets stoke it.
It it for any age and is helpful for adults as well with relief for Restless Leg Syndrome.
They are large capsules but can be broken down to help her swallow them.
Growing pains are real. All kids have them, I'm betting you did as well. If the pain is really bothering her, try a little childrens tylenol, the lowest dose for her weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net