Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help!! I think my friends sister is making her son sick!!?

My best friend's little sister has a little boy a little over a year old. She's a young girl herself; 16. The other day I went to their house to pick up my friend and while I was waiting for her to get ready I went to her sisters room to chat, and saw her giving her little boy a small piece of a pill at least thats what it looked like, I asked her what it was and she told me it was melatonin but a small dose; I asked her what it was for and she said for him to get sleepy so she can go out and he wont wake up her mom, so she can stay out longer... WTF?!?!?! So I talked to my sis about it and she says to talk to her about the dangers of possibly killing her son... I talked to my mom about it and she says report her to DCF (children %26 families) I havent told my best friend because I dont know what to say to her and don't want to approach such a serious subject the wrong way... something needs to be done... will it hurt the baby if I wait to get my plan going? HELP! WHAT DO I DO??
Answer:
I think you already should know the answer to this dilemma. Everyone answered so far is pretty much on the money. She's doing something wrong, the baby is in danger, she needs to be stopped before it's too late. Do you know what you should do? Go with your gut; listen to me and the others on here, get help, now. Don't wait. Screw what other people may think of what you do, or who you tell. The one that matters now is the baby. Good Luck
Of course it will hurt the baby to wait. Call DCF and tell the woman what her child is doing to her child. Melatonin is NOT for infants.Do you want to have regrets if the baby dies with "I should have, I could have, If only I had."
Are you kidding me?! Report her immediately. Kids should NOT be on anything to help them sleep.
HOw about this for a serious subject... "What thats? Your son died? Oh crap I maybe could have stopped that if I had told you your sister was dopping him but its too late now... Sorry! Oh whats that? Im going to court for neglecting to report information that could have stopped his death?"
RIGHT NOW, go file a report with the police department, then contact child welfare and report it to them. unless your willing to testify in court, then dont bother. you need to make written statements as to what you saw and what she told you. this is child abuse and child neglect. shes drugging her child so that she can go out whoring. sounds to me like the you mothers mother isnt much better. good people dont just start drugging their kids, and why does she have a 1 year old at 16? sounds like bad parenting all the way around. call the law, then go to child welfare. if you dont do this, then your no better than her!
I'm so sorry for your struggle. I understand how heavily this must be weighing on you. Please understand that it is up to you to make sure that a responsible adult is notified that this is happening. Perhaps you could talk to your friends mother, or have your mom call her mom, or something like that. Or you could call DCF and make an anonymous complaint against her. Just don't sit around and wait it out, ok. It's gonna be tough, but I think you know what the right thing to do it.Good Luck
omg u should definetly tell some1. if something happens 2 the baby that u couldve prevented then youll feel terrible and have 2 live with that the rest of your life
you shouldn't be typing on here you should be talking to the police.
If you think you're right, it's going to take a lot of balls but do as your mother suggests, (children's service)
Now, here are the possible consequences. Every time you look at her, you'll think "does she know I am the person who ratted her out?" That's why I say it's going to take a lot of balls .
Don't get cold feet. If this is actually what's happening, the little boy could be in danger. .
Sometimes doing the right thing is not easy, sometimes it takes courage. Now, look in the mirror and ask, "what should I do that I can live with?"
Good luck.
First let your best friend know what you saw and that you guys need to get her help! Talk with her mom as well. If you report to DCF they are going to know it had to be someone from either inside the house or a close friend and that might upset your friend for not going to her first!
Call DCF--NOW!You're talking about a kid with a baby, and she's medicating the baby with stuff it shouldn't be taking, so she can go out and play.Uh-uh. irresponsible, big-time. Get the baby into proper care, which is not what your sister is providing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net