Saturday, October 31, 2009

Help...Im in so much pain!?

I am 25 years old and I have an 11 month old daughter, and I am in pain. My lower back to my right hip is killing me...and it has been for months now. I have tried everything to stretching, popping my back, even going to a chyropractor.nothing is working. There are days when the pain is so bad that I can't even stand up straight. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have the money or insurance. But a lot of the times the pain is so severe that I can't pick up my daughter, and if I try I almost drop her. Could this be something the epidural I had with my daughter cause this, or does it sound like something worse? Please help!
Answer:
I doubt it's from the epidural. It sounds like sciatica to me. Have you thought of seeing your county's heath department? You may have to wait a bit for your turn, but they could give you some meds to help ease up the pain. Sciatia usually runs in that area, sometimes it can radiate down the leg. If it's not sciatica, it sure sound like a pinched nerve of some sort. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory round-the-clock to see if that helps any. A heating pad works great too. I know with an 11 month old, it won't be easy to sit and rest it, but if she naps, I would lie down with the heating pad while she's resting.I'm sorry you can't afford to go to a doctor. Have you tried Medicade or some sort of government assistance? I hope you feel better soon.
It could definitely be from the epidural..my daughter has back pain and it was 5 years ago...I'd risk the medical bills and go to the doctor if I were you...pay him $1.00 a week if you have to.
I would try and visit the doctor if at all possible. What type of pain is it...if it is shooting pain (stabbing, nerve type twinges) I would say it sounds like sciatica, nerve pain is usually quite a distinctive feeling and usually sciatica appears on one side. Otherwise you may have damaged a muscle, ligament, tendon. Back pain is quite hard to discover the cause and I know you said you can't afford the doctor but it really needs to be checked out if it has gone on for months.
i carry my 8 month old all the time as well. but i have insurance so i went to the dr and they gave me meds to help with the pain. but they make me sleep all day so i cant carry her either way. but i'd rather be awake than all drugged up to take care of my baby.
For sore muscles or pain you can do a couple of things (or all of them!)* Hot baths, if you've got a jacuzzi or whirlpool, even better.
* Moist heat heating pad. One like Therabead (a brand) that you put in the microwave.
* Stretching. Go easy and slowly. Don't push yourself too hard, but hold the positions, taking deep relaxing breaths.
* For topical pain relief, forget the TIger balm, first off it stains clothing, and secondly you have to stick your fingers in and then your fingers get tingly as well (not to mention if you accidentally rub your eyes!). You are better off using either Icy Hot stick or (my favourite) Warm FX by BodyGlide. Both products will produce a tingling sensation that distracts you from your pain (the Warm FX is much stronger, but depending on your tolerance might be too strong) * An anti-inflammatory (non-steroidal) medicine like Aleve or Advil (Ibuprofen). If you find that you are needing too much to feel better (or are taking it for more than a week or so), stop! and see a physical therapist, sports doctor, or chiropractor. *Ice. You can ice your lower back and hips for 10-20 minutes at a time. Feel free to follow that up with some moist or wet heat.It's got nothing to do with the epidural. It can be sciatica, or a pinched nerve, or a herniated disc, or simply that you are carrying your child around, it can be certain kinds of arthritis, the way you are sleeping (or what you are sleeping on, etc.) Withouth an exam (at the least xrays, best a MRI) you cannot know for sure. If you want something more specific, please describe the pain in detail so we can help you. there are many kinds of pain, and each can point to something specific.
sounds like it could be ur sciatic nerve, When mine goes out I wear a back belt for a couple of days and alot of darvocet, good luck.
It sounds like you have TMS, tension myositis syndrome. While the pain may come from a physical cause; it is more likely coming from repressed issues deep in your psychology. This is common with new parents, dealing with added pressures and reliving repressed issues from their own infancy. Read any book by Dr. John Sarno. His most recent, Divided Mind, is the most comprehensive. But one of his early ones, which are shorter, can be helpful. He takes you through a personal treatment program that may have you pain free without pain medication or physical treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net