Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! Anyone here quit smoking?

Heavy smoker trying to quit smoking. What should I do?
http://www.alldigital.net
Answer:
Why do you have a digital camera website link on a smoking question? Get the patch and quit advertising.
I did about 3-4 years ago...it's hard..lol..just don't use all those patches %26 crap they still have nicotine in them so it's not like your going with out..it was easier for me just to STOP just dont pick them up DO NOT BUY them,and if your have friends or family who smoke ,leave the room when they light up,go out side for some fresh air,something like that,so u don't give in to the urge %26 smoke one of theirs! One thing i noticed was that when i got in my car to drive or in the morning with my coffe i REALLY wanted one.so i quit drinking morning coffe for a while and when i was in my car i always kept candy,lol, hard candy like those cinnoman disks or butterscotch...stuff like that!...GOOD LUCK!
I quit smoking cold turkey after ten years
Keep busy all the time. Exercise doing one that you like.
i still smoke, i fire up a sweet everyday
I quit but I did it cold turkey, my ex used something called smoke away you can find it at GNC. It removes all the toxins in your body including the nicotine, that's what makes you crave cigarettes. And drink a lot of water to flush out your system while you're quiting.
drink purified water and eat banana's. i just learned that they will help ease withdrawl. good luck!
I quit...but it took a while.I only allowed myself to smoke in the kitchen, never in the car. Found myself doing a lot of cooking for a while...also took up something to keep my hands busy ( knitting, crocheting, hand sewing, embroidering,etc.) Not easy...but after a while I disliked having one only at commercial time on TV...finally just gave it up. Also never smoked in public while trying to quit...
Worked for me.
The Patch, The Gum, and, most of all, Will Power. You can't do anything if you don't want to do it. You have to have the motivation more than anything.
Go to www. lungusa.org quit smoking program and follow the directions.
I quit smoking 9 weeks ago and followed the modules it works! I can't say it took away the thoughts of smoking, but the tools are there if you have the desire. You tailor the program to your needs. They have helped countless numbers and the support they offer is great.
Good Luck!
The only thing that ever helped me was (I hate to admit it,) the drug, Chantix. Totally kills the cravings. The only thing I had to overcome was the habit, which wasn't nearly as difficult.
Drinking a lot of water seems to help flush the system, as well, but I couldn't have quit using just that technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net