Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help!! has anyone ever had a cyst on their tendon on the wrist? it feels like another bone sticking out?

someone told me i need orthopedic surgery to remove it, it is a bumb on the tendon in my wrist about the size of the bone on your wrist? someone also told me it could be injected with steroids to go away? has anyone else had this they say it is common...
Answer:
That sounds like a nodule. If it is harder, chances are it is a rheumatic nodule associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It could also be a ganglionic cyst. Neither are lethal and can be removed by a Hand Surgeon or even a Rheumatologist, if that person is licensed to perform surgery. If it is soft and feels kind of like a mini-balloon, it is just a pocket with drainage. That can be drained with no problem, but probaly will have to be drained periodically. Again, not life-threatening. If it is rock-hard and doesnt move, it is something else. Either way, a Dr visit is needed. But dont panic, it is just ugly, not life-threatening.Good Luck!
I' ve had those when I was younger.It is common.
Tape it up with gauze.That's what my mother did.
It goes back in after a while.
It sounds like a ganglion cyst. The steroid will only cause it to subside, not make it go away. It will inflame again. You will need to have it surgically removed. My husband had one and it was successfully removed when we were in Germany. Occasionally, they will return after surgical removal however, his was done 8 years ago and has not.
I had one on my wrist. It was more on my wrist bone. It hurts very, very bad, I couldn't move my wrsit or touch it , it was so painful. I went to the after hours care clinic and had a brace put on it. It didn't work. So I went to an orthepedic surgeon. It has a name, but I can't remember it. He had me come in a few days later and put me under for a short time and removed it. It instantly felt better. I had it wrapped thick for like 2 weeks and couldnt'nt get it wet, had to wrap my arm in plastic wrap to take a shower. Ends up, I had a nice, neat scar about 2 inches long. Some people ask if I tried to slit my wrist. It's fading more and more. I tell ya what tho, I'd rather have a scar than the pain that cyst put me thru. I advise having it removed if it hurts,
I had one on my ankle, and your sopposed to get it removed by a small surgery its not too bad, and its soposed to take away any pain from it too
see a doctor. they probably will help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net