Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi I want to quit smoking but every time I decide that tomorrow is the day I panic and go buy some cigarette I

Need help and suggestions
Answer:
trying slowing down smoke only say half as much as you used to cut back off a cigarette when you can till you're only smoking a few a day then you start to become less dependant then maybe you only have a couple work it down to where you don't need them at all, it's hard to just quit cold turkey
Just means you are weak on the inside. If you really want to quit, do it. My suggestion is to not buy any. Wow that was hard wasn't it?
you could try nicotine gum
Try going to www.mytimetoquit.com. Or you could try gum, or the patch.
Quitting smoking is really easy ONCE YOU REALLY *WANT* TO QUIT.Wanting to quit and deciding you're going to quit are two different things.You'll know when you want to quit. Until then, it's really really hard to quit.
Ask some friends to watch you, and 'hang' out with you.
It will help you quit with company around, I hope, because, I don't know, might get your mind off the stress.Also, find a hobby, if you want to smoke, just pick up a good book, or chew on a piece of gum...
Good luck with quiting...
There's a new medication called Chantix. My coworker who smoked for 46 years took it and stopped smoking completely after 6 weeks. She said she didn't crave cigarettes anymore when she was taking it.The hard part was learning new healthy habits for the times that she would normally smoke.
Try to focus on other things. Like exercising or hanging out with friends that don't smoke. They will probably ease you off of smoking. Smoking can cause lung cancer, and that is why you want to stop, probably, right? There is a patch colored peach or clear and you can get it at drugstores such as CVS, Walgreens,etc Rite Aid,. You stick it on your arm and it helps stop the thought of smoking. Good Luck! I've been trying to get my dad to quit, but he won't. Hopefully you do.
Never quit on an empty pack! Keep the leftover pack in the drawer, so that you know they're there if you really, really need one... just resist smoking them. If you don't have any at all, you panic and go back to your regular smoking habit when you buy them.I still haven't quit yet either, but many friends and family members that have quit have given me this advice.Good luck and best wishes!
Don't panic sweety. See a doctor and combined with counseling you can beat nicotine.
I also had this problem. There is a medication that is being used that is very effective. You will need to see your healthcare provider for a prescription. The medication is called Chantix and you use it for 1 week or longer (which is decided by your physician) before quitting, it is a nicotine blocker and reduces your cravings and also leaves a bad taste in your mouth if you smoke. Good luck on quitting it is a battle but well worth it to quit if you can.
You have to be really ready , not just kinda sorta want to 'cause your Dr. says you should. That'll never work. Go visit the respiratory ward at your local hospital, those folks are kinda shut-in and would love some company . When you are ready try hypnosis. If not, - the progression is smoking- bronchitis, - emphyzema, -cancer,- death. Your choice.
Quit cold turkey. That is how I did it. One thing you can do, is to try not smoking for a few days, then get on an elevator with someone who just smoked. That might convince you to quit.
Which is more important to you, your health or a cigarette? Try getting some of that gum. You could also cut the amount you smoke down to 1/2 or whatever.
Good luck. I know how hard it can be, but it can be done. If you really want to quit, you will.
Me Too, it is so hard.
Here in the UK we are getting a ban on smoking in public places in July and this even includes my truck as it is a company vehicle. This is bonkers, however it should hopefully help me to give up.
Try and find something else to occupy your time when you would normally smoke, eat fruit and think of what you can do with the extra money. Good Luck.
cigarette smoking is actually two addictions, the nicotine tobacco addiction and also a psycological addiction that goes with it.The physical addiction is less after two weeks but the psycological addiction lasts longer. It is the need to feel like you need to do something with your fingers holding a cigarette and going out to the smoking area as a ritual habit. Expect to gain weight after quiting and in time you may likely hate being around people who smoke. It is such a wonderful life being without a cigarette addiction or any addiction. Reinforce all the positive aspects of quiting like better health, more savings from not buying cigarettes, no stinky clothes and no stinky body
I quit smoking cigarettes one at a time. If you tell yourself you are going to quit cold turkey it will make you panic. So, each time you have an urge to smoke just don't smoke that one. The urge will subside in about the time it takes to smoke one. Just keep doing that over and over and reward yourself in a couple of weeks with the money you saved by not buying cigarettes. Remember you can have one anytime you want but you choose not to have that one. Before you know it you will be smoke free for 12 years like me. Also I watched my Grandpa struggle to walk to the mailbox because he had emphazema.
self decipline.you can do itmany does!
Put a little Crazy Glue on your lips ... you won't be able to get a cigarette in there ... no matter what you try! Before you know it ... Badda Bing ... you don't smoke any more!
stop smoking yesterday.....last week ...last month
this is part of the addiction this is why people never stop.. excape from your life u smoke cuss of things that trigger a earge to smoke go on a trip to the moutains far away from a store with no cigs! the best thing u can is ask for a gud frend to help u stop if u were my frend i would lock u up untill the first day or 2 was over...u have to understand why u smoke!!u started out of stress i am shuer when the nickoteen hits your brain it coats your pleashuer sensers when u get a natural high rather than feeling good witch relives stress u get a craving for more nickoteen and the cycle keeps going try the gum or the patch my grandma smoked her whol life cuss of that fear u r haveing her last days were spend gasping for air like a gold fish out of its tank
Its great you trying to quit, but it will only work no matter what if you take the gum or the pills you have to really want to quit and do better for yourself and others around you,i know its not easy i was in your place once but I'm now clean of smoking for about 4 years not one cig, i quit cold turkey when my dad almost died from enzyme sorry with the spelling if i spelled it wrong but that but a big scare in me he smoked for over 35 years and im 32 now with three kids of my own so i want to be there for them thats why i did it but i dont care what anybody says you have to do it for you and when your ready you will know.Good luck youll be fine just take one day at a time.
The best thing you can do for stop smoking is to get a hug, every time you want to smoke, or call someone who does not smoke like me, you can email me any time and i will type my but off to help you stop, I use to smoke and that's what help me in spite of me. and I didn't want to embarrass my self by running out of my mans house after he asked me wants wrong, so he gave a hug, and i cried and that helped, plus I was pregnant, so get a hug or call some one, email me, the answer is letting time go by without you noticing, that, you don't have a cigarette, I gotten rid of a lot stuff and don't forget to put GOD in.
You first have to be convinced you really wish to quit, otherwise, any excuse will serve to continue.Think of the negative aspects of smoking, which could be all since there is absolutely no good aspect or favorable factor.
Think like how other people see and smell you. Cigarrette smoke permeates your clothes, your hair, it stains your teeth and your fingers, not to mention white clothes, and it also causes halitosis, which is disgustingly bad breath. Many guys would not like to give you a kiss. Smoke stinks up your car and home big time.Negative health aspects, well take a handkerchief or a kleenex and exhale the cigarrete smoke through it. All that brown stuff that ends up there will give you an idea on the current state of your lungs.Cigarrete smoking also causes you to suffer colds, coughs and lowers your natural defenses. Heaven forbid that you need any kind of surgery because patients that smoke usually have a phlegm buildup that tends to cause problems. Forget about sports because smoking decreases your stamina. My father almost had a heart attack the day he tried to kneel down to look under a bookcase, he smoked three packs a day, I had never seen him so purple. He gave us a real bad scare. Walking short distances wiped him out, he was always gasping for breath.Remember that the tobacco industry lies to you consumers by claiming there is no evidence that cigarrete smoking is hazardous to your health. They just cover it up. Look up the movie with Russell Crowe and Michael Douglas about an ex tobacco industry employee that knows about the cover ups and the studies that prove the tobacco industry will say anything just so they can keep selling their stuff. Michael Douglas is the reporter trying to interview this guy. Great movie so you can see to what lengths businesses will go to just to keep going. Remember that no matter what the tobacco industry says, cigarrettes are addictive, like drugs on account of the nicotine. Do not look for a nicotine dependency, the idea is to kick it.No amount of aids like nicorette or any other thing will help if you are not convinced first. Once you are, get some help, find a support group and follow through.Think of your kids, some mommies smoke during pregnancy and their kids end up with problems. I am the child of two smokers and a passive smoker since conception. My legacy is colds, coughs, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergies and my eldest sister has asthma. Think about it.Good Luck
January 1, 2007 I decided to quit smoking. I've tried many times, and was successful for a few days...maybe even a week or two. But always.I went back, and it seemed as if I smoked even worse each time I returned. Finally frustrated at being told where and when I could smoke, tired of the smell in my car when I opened the door to go home each day, not to mention the expense I decided I was going to stop smoking, I didn't know how but there had to be something out there for me. ...Thanks to the constant advertising several evening I found a product called "COMMIT". February 1, 2007 I started their program and I quit. I mean I REALLY quit smoking!(I think it is manufactured by Nicorrette I'm not sure). I did as your friends suggested, kept what was left of my last pack of cigarettes. NOT because I was planning to smoke again.but because I was taking charge of my life...and not going to let anything as small as a cigarette control my life and my budget anymore. Each time I became frustrated I reached for that royal blue tube and popped a losenge saying to myself.and even sometimes out loud...(my kids, though proud of me, sometimes looked at me as if I had lost my mind, or had developed a second personality whom I was conversing with..Ha! )."I've COMMITTED to change and I'm doing it this time!" That may sound stupid.but it worked. Effective April 28th I have completed the COMMIT Program and am officially a nonsmoker. I know that just like alcoholism or drug addiction or improper diet I can always go back to smoking. But I feel that seeing the word COMMIT on that tube everytime I had the urge to quit helped to plant some seeds for change and encouragement for me that the gums, pills, or cold turkey never did. I won't lie to you, sometimes I walk by a smoking section and ahhhhhhhhhh that smell is so inviting. But it seems the minute my mind starts to wander I hear the word "commit" and then that urge just seems to pass. I replaced my leftover pack of cigarettes with a nitroglycerin key chain (2.00 Walmar) and store my leftover lozenges in case of an emergency. Hope this helps...
try cutting down slowly, and eventualy u will realize u dont need em!!
Hi there. I quit smoking just over 3 weeks ago. I decided to quit smoking because I was in general tired of feeling crappy all the time.
I have tried several times in my 10 years of smoking to quit, and I always caved in after a day or two...often times less.
The best, and truly easiest thing to do is simply QUIT. Don't buy the cigarettes, and if you don't have em, you can't smoke em.
Quittng is different for everyone. PErsonally, for me, it was easy to quit, but the side effects were tough to deal with. I was tired, yet unable to sleep. I was having tight feelings in my chest, which I am still actually having now, but they are going away.
My point is, quitting smoking isn't going to be easy. But, you have to put it in your head that it is better for your health, and your wallet, and JUST DO IT. There is no other way.
Best of luck to you!
This helped me and I have smoked for 10 years http://whyquit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net