Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! I started a new job 2 weeks ago and i have been suffering really badly with neck and back ache.?

I have raised my screen which has helped a little and adjusted my chair but this is just really uncomfortable and i am finding difficulty concentrating.
Answer:
What a nightmare. It's difficult enough starting a new job and then having pain from computer work. Is it possible you can speak to your supervisor and ask for a different chair? Sometimes they will be helpful when you explain your back problem. it's worth a try. I agree with the other person who answered to do exercises at the desk, which may help. At night take a hot bath with 2c. of epsom salts and soak for 30 minutes. Afterwards apply an analgesic balm. For your neck use hot towels or a moist heating pad for twenty minutes and apply a balm afterwards. These treatments will help relax the muscles. I've enclosed a link where you can find a qualified chiropractor in your area. Chiropractors can do miracles for people who work on computers. If you have any further questions please let me know,
Billie77
Sounds to me like you spend your days in front of a computer like I do. If you're not provided with a chair and setup that suit your body size you can end up with problems with spinal alignment and sciatica.Be sure to get up and move around at least once an hour. Try exercising at your desk just to keep the circulation going.http://www.healthyontario.com/conditions...
http://www.breakpal.com/Good luck!
they have certain kind of chiropractors that instead of cracking your back, they align your spine. it is supposed to help with all aspects of your health. you wouldnt believe how much your spine has to do with the rest of your system. you should look into it.
I also sit infront of my puter alllll day long, Like the man said make sure your seat is correct then what I do is rotate my feet every now and then, just to get the blood flowing back to my legs, stand up a least once an hour (easy if you're a smoker), stretch a bit, stomp your feet a bit take a 10 minute walk on your lunch break if you can.Good luck
So you just started a new job ,if it is sitting at a computer and you are getting neck and back pain and depending on your age ,you probably have poor posture, when you are in pain it does block your concentration . If you plan on keeping this job you should seek a doctors advise and hopefully you will get some testing done, i HAVE THESE PROBLEMS. , MY IS DETERIOTED DISCS AND NECK IS THE SAME.I CANNOT sit at a computer no more than an hour%26lt; good luck%26gt;
Speak to your boss or supervisor about this problem. I'm sure they'd be glad to help correct the problem for you.
go and see a physiotherapist it wil help the pain or if you have children or a partner to give you a massage! he he

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net