Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi u have just been told that i havre hypothyroiism?

No i have been taking Levothyroxine 50m to start off with for the past 3 days. Now my stomach making all sorts of strange noises getting pins and needles in my hands and feet also keep getting this funny pain in my chest as well as my left side of my back. I have als experianced problems with my eyes. Does any one else have hypothyrioism and suffer from anything since taking the tablet.
Answer:
had hypothyroidism for 22 years and take 200m a day and had no side affects
What is hypothyroiism and im sorry for your problem hope you get better
i have hypothyroidism, my thyroid was taken out as i had graves. i have been on thyroxin for 2 years now, i remember getting side affects when i first started using them, it gave me palpitations, im fine with them now. i also have to take a tablet for my stomach, this is to counteract the thyroxin, its called omeprozole, you should let your gp know of your side affects, hope this helps x
I have been taking Levoxil (short name) for more than 20 years
125 mg. and I believe that the stomach noises is because it can
cause an increased appetite. I have included a link so that you can see all of the side effects but rather than ask the question to this forum it would be best to discuss this with your doctor, he may want to start you at a lower dosage and then move you up in strength
I've never heard of those reactions, but definitely tell your doctor about it asap. Maybe she gave you a too-high dose to start. Here's a good source of info on thyroid disease and its treatments. http://thyroid.about.com/library/links/b...
I take Armour Thyroid , and have no side effects at all.
I did at first, but my doc said it was because my appetite was getting back to normal. Talk to your doctor, maybe your dose is not right. Within a week, your TSH and T-4 levels can be re-checked and your dose adjusted. I take 250mcg daily, and have for about 10 years. You'll feel a lot better now that you have been diagnosed.
Ive taken thyroxine for 10 years now and after reading your symptoms I'm starting to wonder if all the symptoms Ive got are related to my thyroid my doctor tells me that there not but we show the same problems so maybe there is a link hope you can get an awnser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net