Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hi, I鈥檓 a dancer and I broke my right 5th metatarsal, had a surgery, and went through physical therapy. This


Answer:
It is possible you could have torn either some ligaments or retinaculums of the tendons (sheaths that keep tendons in certain grooves, etc)...or it could even be the tendon riding over scar tissue. If it is popping without pain, I wouldn't worry too much about it...but if the popping is painful, you may need to investegate about further soft tissue damage that may have occurred when you fractured the metatarsal.It's also suspicious that you are having pain on the medial side of the ankle when your fracture was on the lateral side of your foot. Pain near the achilles tendon could also be the side of a bone spur.
Where's the question?
Ive messed up my ankles really bad in gymnastics..ive sprained both of them several times.but i quit that and im in ballet now too. My ankles pop and crack whenever i point them, and ive gotten weak ankles as a result to all this, and it makes pointe difficult. I'm not too sure about the flexor hallucis longus, but maybe you reinjured yourself, and pulled or tore that? I'm not too sure..
I guess you need more ankle strengthening exercises. You may have returned to ballet a little earlier than is recommended after laying off for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net