Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! torn muscle? or no?

yesterday i was playing tennis, and then i had this really funny sensation in my right leg calf or around my knee, like i wanted to crack the joint, so i kept stretching it, but when i went home the leg problem got worse and now when i stretch my right leg straight the leg hurts around my knee area, and if i kneel on my right leg it hurts, but its not swelling or anything. what the hell is it? should i go see a doctor?
Answer:
I would recommend that you go directly to see an orthopedic doctor if your insurance allows you to bypass your primary care doctor. It sounds a little like a problem with the meniscus (cartilage pad within your knee) but impossible to tell without having someone look at it. What you really need is a knowledgeable doctor to take a look at your knee and an ortho doctor is best.
A doctor would likely refer you to a physio therapist as they specialize in treating(the key word) this type of injury.
yes you should go see a doc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net