Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help!! My neck hurts :0(?

I must have slept wrong last night...I woke up this morning with a very stiff neck. Is there anything I can do to help the pain? I've taken some Ibuprofen and I'm trying to massage it and keep moving around. Any suggestions on what I can do to make the pain and stiffness go away? Thanks :0)
Answer:
What you did sounds good. Also, try a heating pad for 30 minutes. If it's more like a muscle spasm, try pressing the spot between the bottom of your nose and your upper lip with a knuckle-bend your fingers into your palm and use whatever one that works for you. The relief may be only temporary, but you can do it again. Sometimes it goes away permanently. I've used this technique many times and it is quite effective.
Weird, but I woke up this same way today. I have a frozen gel pack that I keep in my freezer for this purpose. If you don't have a gel pack, put some ice in a zip lock bag. Apply the ice pack for about 15 minutes every hour. This should help. And if all else fails, go see your friendly chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net