Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! what is this thing?(a tad graphic, sorry)?

ok so this is about my mouth, but I don't even know really what kind of part to call it. What's going on is, for the past month or two, i guess it's the back of my throat, but kind of down further, like if I swallowed something and it wound up in the spot in the...I think it's esophagus...kind of just above my chin(back of neck) %26 a little to the side. it feels like something's stuck there just barely out of reach, like I can try and try to gurgle or spit it up and I can't exactly reach for it 'coz I'd gag but...something...I don't know what...is stuck there. I don't feel it there always, but the feeling keeps popping up out of the blue.
Also, I dont know if this might have anything to do with it, but the very beginning of this spring, which was right before this started happening, My tonsils began getting sore recurrently but not consistently(sore tonsils are like the soreness behind your nose but just above your throat right?) and I had NEVER had problems with this before..
Answer:
my wife has same problem. it's like a small divot where a piece of food can get stuck in. she can hack for a while, but wont dislodge it. best bet is to have a ears, nose, throat doctor look at it. i was able to remove a piece of food once with a long q-tip, but not recommended for one person, it's tough to look in the mirror, hold the q-tip and flashlight..
Possibly cold drinks could help. I'd assume water would be good, since water usually helps with throat problems.
to determine what you should do, one would have to know what this problem is. In order to find out what the problem is, one would have to have a look, ask questions, etc. As you know, that cannot be done adequately over the internet. Thus, to answer your question, "What should you do" ... you need to see your doctor. I would ask to have your apt bumped up.Best of luck
Maybe you got tonsillitis and developed those little lumps over your tonsils and there is still one there?
I had it when I was younger %26 my daughter had it. It's kinda like a bacteria that gets stuck on your tonsils. Mine was so bad they finally removed the tonsils. Nowadays they don't do that surgery near as much as they used to. My daughter's finally got bad enough %26 she found a doctor that agreed she needed her tonsils removed. One doctor tried to tell her it was just food getting stuck back there %26 causing plaque. BUT.they grew bigger %26 really made her breath bad.Good luck at the doctor!
You don't say if you have a fever or have had a cold lately or if you smoke. It could be flem. If you can't cough it out, then I would tell you to gargle with salt water and take otcs for pain
and see your doctor asap.
Gross, but, hack it up. See if something comes up/out. I know, nasty, I apologize, but, well, try.
i recommend gargling with warm water and sea salt. after every meal or as often as you want

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net