Saturday, October 31, 2009

Herniated disc at work?

I went to my therapy today and the therapist said the insurance just authorized two visits an I have an herniated disc in my back because of an accident at work I had, the insurance and the companys dr the one from the panel they are just in an agreement so that they dont give me treatment or physical therapy we are talking of an herniated disc not just a slight back pain I feel pin in my back. But I have changed drs twice what can I do?
Answer:
Many times, insurance companies will approve just one or two visits...one for the eval, and for one treatment since many times these things will get better with continuation of a home exercise program...however, most people do require additional visits. You will probably be approved for more visits. The therapist just needs to document to the physician if more visits are needed and would be beneficial so more visits can be authorized.
I hope you filed for disability through work. They should get you more treatments. You could file against your job. Talk to a lawyer.
a herniated disc is something that needs to be taken care of. i had the same problem as you.my dr. told me to get a lawyer,or i would be fighting this for years. i got one and he had an appointment for surgery with in two weeks. i can't believe how they let you hurt,because no one wants to pay.my employers,of course,thought i was terrible. i never wanted it to happen,and i wish i was at work today.but because i was put off so long,i just had my 3rd surgery 2 weeks ago. age is one factor with an attorney.he said if i was in my early twenties,he wouldn't take me.they think your looking for a disability at such a young age. it's been 3 years since i had to leave my job.now my attorney says nobody will hire me because of my age and i am a liability to any one who would hire me. good luck to you.don't give up. nobody cares if your back hurts.they don't believe it. if your mri's and ct scans clearly show a problem,fight for what you deserve.
Your primary treating physician has to request for you more therapy in his reports, make sure you ask him. If insurance still does not allow it, then ask your attorney to send you to Qualified Medical Evaluator or an Agreed Medical Provider. If these doctors say, you need more treatment then the insurance company has to abide. And, if you don't have an attorney yet, make sure you get one soon. These insurance companies are like vultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net