Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can a lay-person use techniques of monks and secret agents to handle pain?

I am especially interested in using these techniques for chronic pain. Is it possible, or only for acute pain?
Answer:
Here is a list of websites so you can choose which one is best for you.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=man...
"To find the answer to this you must climb mountain and watch 007 dvd, Grasshopper"
Meditation is a powerful technique that can help you deal with chronic pain, this is what monks have used for centuries. Yoga stretches are wonderful for strengthening the body, mind and spirit. When you do that you can control many aspects of your life. I've enclosed a link so you can learn meditation. I've also enclosed a link on yoga. Yoga Is best done in a classroom, check your phone book for one in your area.
You are looking for a technique of dissociation. Basically, daydream VERY strongly about something else while the pain is going on.
I DO use dissociation when I realize something is going to be very painful. In my brain, I go to the beach (nearby) and play with my grandson. This is what I, recently, did when the dental surgeon decided to razor my gums, all the way across, cutting them, so that my gum line would be perfectly straight. Then, he put new 'fronts' on my teeth. He said it was the most painful thing he does, so I just told him I would 'go to the beach'. He was in awe, as I used no painkillers at all, no novacaine, nothing at all. Normally, this operation takes about four hours. Mine only took about an hour. I did not swell up, as he expected me to, and I did not bleed, as he expected me to. When I 'came back' my teeth did not hurt, they looked great, and I had zero recovery time at all. I was fine. I like doing this when pain is expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net