Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hip Dislocation?

i was playing soccer and i took a huge swing at the ball and missed, immideatly i felt a huge pop in my right hip area. I immiedietly fell to the ground swearing. Right after i got up and walked to the sideline with a huge limp and my leg/hip really hurt and it was shaking. i just laid on the sideline for the rest of the game, when i stood up, it hurt just as much as it did before, and my limp was still as bad. Is this hip dislocation? What should i do about my problem. I am a 14 year old male(sorry about the spelling, im really rushed.)
Answer:
It is a possible dislocation. I had something very similar happen to me just a couple months ago.I'm 15 years old. During a soccer game took a kick, felt a pop, went down, all the good stuff. Found out a couple days later that I had an avulsion fracture. They said it was a fairly common injury because of growth plates moving around and all that jazz. Definitely go see your Primary Care and they will get you some X-rays done. You may end up having to see an orthopaedist. They couldn't see my fracture on the X-ray because when they X-ray your hip they don't usually go that high up (it's really more of your pelvis).If it is in fact an avulsion fracture then you will probably just have to stay off the leg for a while, no soccer for at least 6 weeks probably 8 to be safe. The bright side is no casts or anything like that if the bone will settle back in place. If it keeps moving out of place you may have to have surgery.Good luck with the hip, and with the soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net