Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hmmm wats wrong?

at work my co worker dropped a pallet of boxed paper down 20 fifty pound boxes on it and it caught my pinky toe like in my shoe. i couldnt get my shoe out my co worker lifted the pallet and i got my foot out. and now my pinky toe and ankle hurt. even all the way to my knee but mostly my ankle. but why would my anle hurt|? my toe doesnt even really hurt. today the next day it doesnt hurt as much but i never used it, my foot is swollen and no discoloration. it is fairly cold too. i can walk on it it hurts but not so i cant walk. i do limp though. any guesses at what could be wrong. i know it not fractured or broken cuz i can walk and wiggle my toes. it is bruised now too.
Answer:
You actually can have a fracture (broken bone) and still be able to walk as other bones are helping out. Your foot contains alot of bones and they attach to each other by ligaments and nerves which is why different areas might hurt from the actual site. You could have a very bad hematoma (a bruise) which is bleeding into tissue. This will also take a while to heal. Fractures can only be diagnosed by an Xray or someone who knows what to feel for. You need to ice it and not put weight on it at all and elevate. If pain gets worse or persists then you need to be examined.
DONT WORRY, put cold compress up to tomorrow, then hot compress, it will ok upto 2 weeks, if u can walk, no problem.best answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net