Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I become more tolerant to pain?


Answer:
I like the other answers too but I have learned (with back pain and other problems) to do dissociation. I try to think of other things to get it off my mind.
It is like to having a baby and they tell you to concentrate on a fixture on the wall and breath.
It has helped me a lot.
meditation, medication, repetition, desensitization
umm, only way I know is experience...I've had migraines fairly regularly all my life; I have a pretty average pain threshold but my tolerance is higher than seems to be normal... there's probably a level of influence on pain tolerance that's more genetic than anything else, too.my sister's a nurse, so are a few friends of mine; they'll tell you that if you're in pain, the best way to manage it is an appropriate dosage of an equally appropriate medication, as soon as you begin to feel the pain... if you let the pain develop it'll take a higher dosage to take just the edge off than it otherwise would to control it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net