Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How bad does staples hurt when they come out?

I have about 25-30 staples located on the bottom of my right and left sides of my ankle/leg. Do staples hurt more then stiches or vise versa?
Answer:
Trust me, you are worrying for nothing! I had a hysterectomy and had staples across the entire front of my abdomen. When the dr. removed the staples I was petrified! He took one out and I had my head turned and didn't even know that he had did it! After that I just watched the rest of them come out. It's hard to believe that it don't hurt but really it just feels like they are touching you. It's unbelievable, really! I have never had stitches so I cannot compare stiches/staples. Good luck and DO NOT WORRY! :)
I had staples after my c-section and i swear tearing off the tape hurt worse than the staples coming out.
staples are a lot less painful than you think. I'd prefer staples rather than stitches. You are getting all nervous for nothing. I'm a big wimp when it comes to pain, I have no pain tolerance at all. Hope you get better soon.
They have the tool to take it out and it spreads the staple so it really does not hurt...Had lots removed from ear surgery and they were out before I knew it...
no, to me staples hurt less than stitches coming out. it's not as bad as you think, so relax as much as possible when you have them removed. talk to someone and don't watch, and it'll be over before you know it.
take care!
They don't hurt at all, it might sting a little, but trust me, I had 8 surgeries, 6 of them with staples, you will be surprised how little you feel.
You'll be OK

1 comment:

Blog Archive

vc .net